Crafting Your Content Marketing Strategy
A well-developed content marketing strategy can result in a lead generation increased sales, actionable leads and building up consumer loyalty. Reaching these goals consistently is what will separate you from your competitors. However, yellow pages, paid ads, billboards, and newsletters have become little more than white noise to your average consumer. This is where an effective content marketing strategy comes in.
What is a Content Marketing Strategy?
A content marketing strategy revolves around creating useful, relevant content that will drive consumers to your business. Content marketing strategies are varied, but most often include creative marketing—the popular basics include social media marketing, website design, blog and article posts, unique local branding, and search engine optimization techniques.
Building a Content Marketing Strategy That Works for Your Business
There is no “cookie-cutter” strategy that works for every single business. Although each strategy is individualized, there are accepted methods and techniques that can be broadly applied. In the end, the success of your content strategy needs to grow, evolve, and shift in order to hit your particular audience’s needs optimally. This said a strong baseline strategy is always the best place to start. This is where pillar content comes in.
Building Around Pillar Content Concepts Provides Dominant Results
At its core, pillar content is as simple as creating a detailed piece of content that goes deep into a topic that is particularly tied into or relevant to your business. There are a few things that a pillar page should always include, these being:
- Valuable content – These should be presented clearly, either in brief descriptions or with anchored chapter links so that the reader can easily locate the information that is most relevant to them.
- A short, broad term topic – keywords are still the king in creating an effective marketing strategy.
- An easy user experience – If a visitor to your content has to jump through hoops, has to sign up in order to access content (“content gating”), or cannot find the info they need, they will leave.
- Brand promotion and recognition – Brand marketing within your pillar content is the tie-in that leads clients to take action upon your products or services. It is very important but must be woven carefully into conversational information.
- Actionable links or tools – Research shows that most users prefer navigating a PDF as opposed to a web page. Links to PDFs are easy and can be downloaded by the user for easy access to your content.
Once a pillar is established, it becomes a rich resource from which links to other relevant topics, tools, and content or product pages can be referenced. Pillar content is more commonly an informative article, held separately from content like blogs and company news articles.
Utilizing the Right Set of Tools
Attempting to create a proper marketing strategy requires a lot of fine detail work. Uploading, tracking active and successful links, monitoring metrics, understanding traffic—it’s a ton to keep up with, and you shouldn’t attempt to do so without a strong tool.
Working with a skilled content marketing strategy team that takes advantage of trusted marketing tools—HubSpot is among the best—will provide you with optimal results and a strong understanding of what is working for your business, and why it is working.
Contact the P3 Agency to Develop Your Content Marketing Strategy
Are you searching for the content marketing strategy that will take your business to the next level? Connect with P3 Agency by calling 727-474-9064 to find out more!